Did you know that our brains process visuals 60,000x faster than text? In a race, text just can’t compete with images. We understand images instantly. We have to work to process text.
There was a time when the Internet was more text than images.
Fast forward to 2015 pages with images or video draw, on average, 94% more views than their text-only counterparts. Landing pages with video convert customers 86% more frequently than those with only text. And 65% of email readers prefer messages that are mostly images.
1. 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
2. 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text
3. Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
4. 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
5. People spend more time with digital video than with social media
6. Facebook announced they are generating 8 billion video views per day, Snapchat announced they are doing 6 billion
views per day
7. YouTube users now upload more than 500 hours of video to the site every minute